It's marathon season in San Antonio. With a month left until Rock 'N' Roll San Antonio its time to start getting your final preparation in order. We have compiled a packing checklist for race day so you don't leave anything behind and, more importantly, you don't stress about leaving anything behind. Fleet Feet San Antonio will be at the pre-race expo with everything on this checklist, in case you do need to pick up any last minute essentials.
- Shorts or leggings - the average low temperature is 40* for Dec. in San Antonio
- Non-cotton T-shirt or Singlet
- Technical Socks - we recommend Belega or Feetures! for the best quality
- Shoes - the shoes you started training with will be worn out, make sure you're in a pair that have life in them and slightly lighter than what you trained in
- Sports bra - don't wear two, wear one that fits
- Gloves/Sleeves - remember, it will be cold at the start!
- Old t-shirt for the start - many runners wear an old t-shirt to the start that they can leave at the starting line
- BodyGlide or SportShield - for Anti-Chafing
- NipGuards - a man's nipple's best friend
- Energy drink or gels - Glukos gel and chomps will be on the course in case you need extra, but be prepared and bring your own in case the race runs out
- Nathan Hipster or Flipbelt - you can use this to store your spinging money, chapstick, or phone
- Spending money - you never know what you might need while on the course
For after the run
- Dry t-shirt
- Running pants
- Jacket or 1/2 zip
- Fresh socks
- Oofos or Superfeet sandals - your feet will be tired and the support in these sandals will feel awesome!
- Food (eg banana, recovery bar)
- Scratch recovery mix - natural protein mix