WalkFIT Beginner & Experienced program
- August 15 – October 24 – 10 week Beginner/Experienced WF (Session 1)
- Beginner WalkFIT is essentially “Couch to 5K” – Price $125
- Experienced WalkFIT is for walkers wishing to optimize 5K-level competition
- Group trainings will be Wednesdays and Saturdays at Fleet Feet Alamo Heights only
WalkFIT Advanced program
- October 24 – Dec 19 – 8 week Advanced WF (Session 2)
- Advanced WalkFIT is for walkers moving to 10K - Price $75
- Group trainings will be Wednesdays and Saturdays with more destinations planned
WalkFIT Half-Marathon program
- August 15 – December 6 – 16 week Experienced WF (Session 3 – concurrent with 1 & 2)
- Experienced WalkFIT Half-Marathon is for longer distances – Price $150
- Group trainings will be Mondays and Saturdays with more destinations planned
- Strength training will focus on walker body structure and competitive needs
- Will incorporate endurance fueling for longer durations experienced by walkers
- Speed training will utilize Olympic Racewalking drills covering racing tactics
Beginner Walking Program
What is a beginner walking program?
Many people underestimate the value of a vigorous walk geared toward increasing your fitness level. Walking can be an amazing workout. Our beginning program is designed to provide a safe, encouraging, and challenging way to increase your fitness level using the low-impact sport of walking. We train in a group setting, and our expert coaches and supportive mentors guide your every step. We provide instruction on proper hydration, nutrition, and stretching techniques that help you get the most out of your workout. Most importantly, we help you achieve your fitness goals by using good form walking techniques and a consistent workout routine.
Is the WalkFIT beginner program right for me?
Everyone has a goal, unique to their life and personality. Many people join our WalkFIT program to achieve their goals related to health and wellness. Some of our participants want to lose weight and get fit. Others, with approval from their doctor, want to recover from an illness or surgery. Some join because running is just not for them but they want help doing a workout routine that helps them prepare for a 5K. Regardless of the goal, our participants enjoy the coaching, mentoring, and group setting that helps you stay motivated and on course. If you are looking to improve your health & wellbeing, lose weight, get fit, or cross the finish line of your first 5K, then WalkFIT is for you.
Advanced Walking Program
What is the advanced walking program?
Our intermediate walking program is designed to help you take your walking to the next level. We will show you just how far and fast you can go. We focus on training for either your fastest 5K (3.1 miles) or a 10K (6.2 miles). This is a great step toward training to walk a half marathon. Our organized approach, group workouts, and experienced coaches will get you to your goal and assist you in building a great foundation for walking longer distances. Join this training program to insure your success!
Is the WalkFIT advanced program right for me?
If you have built fitness walking into your exercise routine and you want to improve your form, distance, build up your mileage or crossing the finish line of your first 10K, then WalkFIT is for you.
Registration in WalkFIT includes these benefits:
- Experienced coaches who will guide and motivate you through each workout
- Organized group training walks
- Proven Training Schedule aimed at a goal event (fun walk or 5k)
- Technical shirt
- Weekly email motivation, communication and training tips
- Special product offers and more!
- Store discount during training